|Born||January 28, 1995|
|Home||Chance Harbor, Washington|
|Relatives|| Catherine Conant (mother) †|
Ethan Conant (father)
James Conant (grandfather) †
Adam Conant's Unnamed Grandparents
|Abilities||White Magic ( Possible dark magic from the Crystal Skull)|
|Cause of Death||N/A|
|Portrayed by||Thomas Dekker|
Adam found out about his magic with the help of his girlfriend Diana sometime before Cassie Blake arrived into Chance Harbor, Washington. But as soon as he saw her, the two felt a mutual attraction which led them to grow closer. Always feeling responsible for Cassie, his behavior raised question for Diana, and when Adam's father told her Cassie and Adam's love was meant to be, she broke up with him. After trying to win her trust back, he became more and more confident about his relationship with Cassie and the two officially started to date, until John Blackwell, Cassie's newly returned father, told them their love was a curse more than a destiny.
Adam is a member of the Conant Family.
|This section discusses the most significant events in the life of Adam Conant. For a complete retelling of this character's life, go here.|
Adam was born on January 28, 1995 to Catherine and Ethan Conant, but only grew with his father, because his mother died in the Boatyard Fire sometime after his birth. However, he was really close to his grandfather, James Conant who used to distract him by cloaking and uncloaking objects, as well as telling him stories. At the age of 10, he broke his arm and it was Jane Blake who fixed it. During his teens, Adam began a romantic relationship with Diana Meade which grew stronger and stronger, until Diana found out they were witches that she and Adam were too, in her mother's Book of shadows.
Meeting Cassie Blake and breaking-up with DianaEdit
As soon as he learnt Cassie Blake was moving in, Adam was excited she would complete the Circle. He first saw her in Chance Harbor High School's hallway, but properly met her at the Boathouse, where he works as a bus boy for his father. A few minutes later, he saved her when her car mysteriously caught on fire and brought her back to her grandmother's house. The following day, Adam and Cassie met at the Abandoned House where Diana revealed to Cassie she was a witch too - born to be in a coven along herself, Melissa Glaser, Nick Armstrong, Faye Chamberlain and Adam. Scared, Cassie took off and Adam followed in the woods, where he calmed her down and showed her the truth, by making the drops of water levitate. At night, he came to apologize for trying to kiss her during the afternoon and told her she was not alone.
After Cassie provoked an accident in chemistry class, Adam suggested to help her control her undeniable magic. But again, while they were practicing, their "connection" made the spell stronger and a light bulb exploded. When Diana told him she was afraid of his sudden friendship, he reassured her and kissed her. Later at night, he picked up Cassie and went to the beach and bound himself and his magic with the others, completing the Circle, after Faye almost killed Sally Matthews. A friend of Adam, Luke, asked him if he could invite Cassie to the School Dance, and to protect his relationship with Diana, Adam helped him approach Cassie. During the Dance however, Cassie soon distanced herself from Luke, and as nobody was dancing, Sally pushed Cassie to dance with Adam. Later, when Cassie was attacked, Adam helped the Circle defeat Zachary Larson.After learning that something bad happened to Heather Barnes, and that it might have been Amelia Blake's fault, Adam agreed to accompany Cassie to Finn Creek in order to investigate. He and Cassie later searched for an explanation in the Blake Family's Book of Shadows that Cassie showed to him, and found out what was keeping Heather away was a suppression sigil. Diana however told Cassie it is too dangerous to undo it, and Adam learned with Diana's own Book that the sigil was used to counteract possession. Trying to warn her, it was too late however, as she had undone the spell and Heather attacked Cassie and Faye. He and Diana came to help, but Heather was hit by a car. Adam and Diana were having a romantic diner at Diana's to spend some quality time together, apart from the Circle, when Cassie texted them about troubles. They rushed to the Abandoned House to see what was happening and found out Melissa was possessed. In the end, the Circle failed to get the Demon, who had sneaked into Nick's body, out of their friend Melissa before he "supposedly" drowned himself to kill it.
Adam is described as a nice, patient and loyal friend by everyone. Adam's maturity when making difficult decisions draws people in. His ability to charm those around him and his utter devotion towards people are other admirable traits. When someone needs help, he is always the first to offer support and guidance. Adam likes to consider himself loyal but when Cassie arrived in Chance Harbor, he felt a undeniable connection towards her and no matter how hard he tried to ignore the spark between them, he felt himself suddenly questioning all of his intentions.
Physical appearanceEditAdam has dark brown hair and blue-grey eyes with a hint of brown, Sally Matthews commented to Cassie Blake that he has soulful eyes and also Adam is very handsome.
Powers and AbilitiesEditAdam has displayed considerable use of magic through the series. He has been capable of setting off fires that were burning through the metal of a car, although that might be linked the fact he has an affinity for Hydrokinesis (even if he didn't set it off with water), open locks and even cause electrical surges. He has also been able to combine his powers with other circle members on several occasions, such as when they tossed around Zachary Larson through the halls of the school or when he lead the attack on Eben by piercing him with a branch he threw at lethal velocity.
At the begining of the series he used his magic mainly to tutor Cassie on how to use her magic through such spells as levitating water droplets and lighting a bulb. Adam is often the one leading a spell showing considerable knowledge of spells and magic.
It should be noted that, while Adam couldn't use his individual power for as long as the Circle was bound, whenever he combined his power with someone the results seemed more powerful when he was extremely determined in getting the job done and/or protecting someone, thus giving more credibility to Jake's theory that strong emotions can fuel the power of witches.
He also inherited his grandfather's affinity for cloaking spells.
- Channeling: The act of drawing or summoning other forms of energy, by focusing on the magic of another witch.
- Conjuration: The act of calling, commanding, or summoning an element, object, person, or spirit already in existence.
- Elemental Control: The act of controlling or manipulating the elements of air, earth, fire, water, and weather. Though not proven false or accurate, witches are believed to possess an unique affinity to particular elements which grants them greater mastery and control when performing.
- Spell Casting: The act of changing and controlling events by magical influence. Spells are the most common method exerted by witches to focus their magic. Spells can range from simple commands to a series of words.
- Telekinesis: The act of controlling and manipulating the movements of objects and persons.
- Witches Brew: The act of brewing and concocting magical elixirs and potions that contain mystical properties.
- In Hebrew this is a generic word for 'man' and is not used as a name.
- The meanings of Adam are 'the first man', 'man', 'earth' and 'to be red'.
- It is also associated with 'adama' (which means earth), from which God was supposed to have made the first humans.
- According to the Bible, Adam and Eve were the first humans, and lived in the Garden of Eden until the original sin.
- St. Adam is the patron saint of gardeners.
Dated Diana for three year. When Cassie showed he developed feelings for her. After him and Diana broke up he tried to impress her but that didn't work. So on valentine's day he asked Cassie if he would go to dinner with him and she said yes after what happened at Faye's house with the ghost game. After that night he and Cassie went out together until Cassie's father showed up and ruined everything and lying to Adam and Cassie about a curse that if a Conant and Blake got together someone in their circle would die.
|This gallery shows four pictures, randomly selected, related to the subject of this article.|
A more complete gallery can be found here. Any future additions should be added there as well.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- Adam was born sometime between January 1st and Feburary 14th, having his birthday celebrated before the events of Valentine. This is confirmed in Crystal, when Adam's birthdate is revealed as January 28, 1995 on Royce Armstrong's conspiracy wall.
- Adam is the only original male coven member, since Nick's death.
- Adam had a romantic relationship with both daughters of John Blackwell.
- Adam at first hated the idea of Jake Armstrong joining the Circle, but has now learned to get along with him and has accepted him as a member of his Circle.
- Adam had dance with all the Secret Circle's female members except Faye.
- Both Adam and Cassie were born on the day of 28th: the only difference is Adam is two months older.
- He possibly has a crush on Melissa Glaser: this relationship should have been further developed in the course of the second season according to Andrew Miller.
- His zodiac sign is Aquarius (January 21 - February 21). Aquarius's symbol is the water-bearer, its element is air, and its ruling planet is Saturn/Uranus.
In The BooksEdit
- Adam knew Cassie before she moved, to New Salem.
- Adam has a dog, that likes Cassie.
- Adam cannot stand, both Nick and Faye.
- Adam lives with his aunt and uncle, and is Cassie's next-door neighbor.
- Both of Adam's parents are dead.