|Born||April 18, 1995|
|Home||Chance Harbor, Washington|
|Relatives|| Elizabeth Meade (mother) †|
John Blackwell (biological father) †
Charles Meade (adoptive father)
Kate Meade (adoptive grandmother)
Cassie Blake (paternal half-sister)
Four unknown paternal half-siblings
Samuel Blackwell (paternal grandfather) †
John Blackwell's Unnamed Mother (paternal grandmother) †
|Abilities|| White Magic|
|Cause of Death||N/A|
|Portrayed by||Shelley Hennig|
Diana and her group of friends aren't like most kids their age. Diana, Adam, Cassie, Faye, Melissa, and Nick (now Jake , after Nick's death) make up what is known as a circle of witches. The Secret Circle is a powerful coven that consists of at least six witches or more. Although it is known that every witch is born into a circle, The Secret Circle is possibly one of the most powerful covens in existence. Diana and the rest of are descendents of the
The Secret Circle. Sixteen years ago, the former members of the Secret Circle, their parents, began to dabble in the dark arts of magic. Along their journey, an "accident" occurred which left majority of the members dead. The only known survivors were Amelia Blake, Charles Meade, Dawn Chamberlain, and Ethan Conant. After the Circle was stripped of their powers, Amelia (Cassie's mother) abandoned her coven by moving to Los Angeles with her young daughter, Cassie. Determined to reunite the coven, Charles Meade killed Amelia in order to lure Cassie, back to Chance Harbor, Washington so that the Circle could be together once again.That is where the story begins. Faye decided that it would be fun to get Cassie to use her powers by setting her car on fire. Little did she know that at that time, Cassie had no idea of her powers. Insert worried Diana and Adam and they immediately realize the cause of the fire, and the fact that Cassie knows nothing of the power inside her. After the discovery of Cassie's car accident, Diana confronts Faye Chamberlain and warns her about the dangers of their powers. The following day, Diana introduces Cassie to their coven, and tries to teach her about their families' legacy of witches. Cassie of course thinks that they are all crazy. Later that night, as Faye conjures a massive thunderstorm, Diana attempts to stop her but is struck by lighting. She then starts trying to encourage the others to join her in binding the circle as it could be dangerous otherwise, keeping the secret that once the circle is boun
d, members of the circle can only do magic in pairs. The strength of the magic depends on how many members of the circle there are.As the weeks passed, Diana and Adam's relationship began to falter. Adam's father made it known to Diana that Adam and Cassie's relationship was written in the stars. It was predestined, and it was going to happen. No matter what Diana did that thought kept haunting her. She knew that she would never be the girl he wa
nts. On the night of Nick's wake, Diana went to The Boathouse Bar and Grill and broke up with Adam.In Wake, Diana notices that Adam's getting more and
more upset about Jake's closeness to Cassie. The meaning of Adam's interest isn't lost on Diana. She knows Adam has feelings for Cassie, and that he's jealous of newcomer Jake. Faye tries to warn Cassie that Jake is bad news.Ethan tells Diana that cassie and adam have to be together. It's their destiny, but he's torn up because he still wants Diana to be happy. Diana decides to break up with Adam.
In Masked, Adam and Diana are still pining for each other, and Adam is angry at his dad for encouraging the break-up. At the party, Adam is still trying to get Diana back but she's still refusing to say yes. Diana goes off alone and is taken by the witch-hunters.In Beneath, Faye suggests that the Circle play Truth or Dare, which results in Diana taking off her top. Adam tries once again to get back with Diana, at first they fight but ultimately end up spending the night together in a shed outside the house having sex. Diana breaks it off with Adam, saying that she needs to find herself.
In Balcoin, Melissa has returned and she has her cousin with her, a cousin whom Diana takes a liking to. Good thing too, since she and Adam are still on the outs.
In Darkness, at Diana’s, Kate Meade, Diana’s grandmother, pays a surprise visit. Diana reveals that Charles is dating Dawn (this is the cover they fed Diana to explain the time they spend together). Kate is not shocked; Charles had a crush on Dawn during their high school years. Diana leaves for school. Kate tells Charles that she is there because Diana broke up with Adam. At the abandoned house in the woods, Diana catches Adam researching dark magic and wants to know why he’s doing that. Cassie overhears Adam tell Diana about Cassie’s heritage, which makes Cassie’s anger erupt. She chokes Adam with her mind. Diana walks into Cassie’s room and discovers Cassie performing a spell. Cassie wants Jake back in town, which stuns Diana because Jake is a witch hunter. Because Jane is away, Diana wants Cassie to stay with her. Because Cassie is staying with Diana, she meets Kate. After dinner, Adam goes over to Diana’s and apologizes to Cassie. For years he told Diana everything, and old habits are hard to break. Cassie tells Diana about Kate sensing her power. Cassie did not tell Kate about the circle. Diana tells Cassie that her grandmother is amazing and can be trusted, so Cas
sie should do the ceremony in the woods with Kate. Diana puts towels in the guest room f
or Kate. She sees items in her grandmother’s suitcase and investigates. One of the items Diana finds is mandrake root. Diana runs out of the room. Diana finds Adam and tells him about the mandrake root. Mandrake root kills witches. They rush to Cassie’s aid. Faye finds fake feathers and blood at Lee’s. Meanwhile, Diana and Adam arrive at the woods. Cassie is free. Adam and Diana find Cassie. Diana apologizes for her grandmother’s actions; she is shocked that her grandmother tried to kill Cassie. Cassie admits that she was scared; she had never felt so much fear. The fear flooded her body and erupted in a wave of power. It felt good to let the fear save her. She was scared by the power, but she liked it. Diana then asks Cassie just how powerful is she to which she looks down the window.
In Witness, Diana Helps Adam and Cassie held in memory of Jake.
In Medallion, Diana made a speech to celebrate Adam's birthday. After the party, Cassie tells the Circle about the medallion ritual. Faye is jealous and thus reluctant, but Diana is all for it, and Melissa – stoned – is up for anything. Jake’s already in.In Valentine, in honor of the holiday, Faye and Melissa throw a girls only anti-Valentine’s Day slumber party for themselves and fellow witches Diana and Cassie. But the night gets wilder than expected when Melissa offers Diana some mood altering “Devil’s Spirit” and the first person Diana loosens up around is Lee, who crashes the party to give Faye a present to help her improve her own power. When Melissa was "sick" by the Devil's Spirit, and instead of taking Faye's hand, she take Diana's head instead.
In Crystal, Diana helps the circle while she continues to struggle between helping them search for the crystal and her feelings for Grant. She tried to help Adam and Melissa by going into the mine but couldn't due the spell that keep witches with dark magic from entering. She talked to Cassie about her leaving the circle so she can be with Grant. Diana told her about her trying to get into the mine but couldn't get in. Cassie figured out that Diana is the other Blackwell and her sister.In Traitor, Diana struggles coping with the possibility John Blackwell could be her biological father. She confronts Charles with her concerns and was suprised to discover her mother's affair with John Blackwell which Charles was unaware of. Later, while trying to find the Chamberlain crystal which had earlier been stolen, she expresses her concern to Cassie about dark magic, stating her distaste for violence and her fear of becoming like Cassie herself. Cassie reaffirms her that it doesn't feel good to kill but she does what has to be done, though Diana still persists in her efforts to prevent Cassie from killing, which she successfully manages to do before Cassie could stab the traitor witch but merely knocking him over. As they run towards the traitor witch he releases the crystal and they realize who he is, Nick.
In Prom John Blackwell is trying to talk to Diana but she leaves along with Jake and Faye. While Cassie is at the school she sees her mother wanting to talk to Diana's mother, Elizabeth Meade. Cassie goes to Diana's house to try to convince her to go back in time to see if they can see more and see if they can see Diana's mother. Diana agrees to help Cassie. Charles asks Diana if she is going to prom and gives her Elizabeth's necklace. Charles then gives Diana a ride to school. Dawn Chamberlain is outside waiting for Charles and they discuss over John. The circle is getting ready for prom. Diana and Cassie go to Java Brew and Diana sees Grant. She tells Grant to meet her later after prom. John does a spell to make Charles think that Amelia's ghost is haunting him. The circle arrives at prom.
Diana and Cassie go back in the past and see their mothers. Amelia tries to warn Elizabeth not to go to the ferry and that she knows about Diana being the other Blackwell and warns her to get out of Chance Harbor with her family. Elizabeth refuses as she sees making a peace treaty with the witch-hunters as a protection for them. Amelia then goes and sees James Conant telling him she's leaving Chance Harbor with her daughter and he tells trusting the witch-hunters is reckless. Also she tells him to tell Ethan she doesn't love him even though she does, but is putting her daughter first instead of her own needs. After they come back, Diana starts to blame Cassie that it's her fault that she brought Blackwell back into their lives and that it's his fault that her mother is dead. Diana finds out that her father killed Amelia. The circle finds Nick and try to get the crystal. Nick tells Eben he wants to trade the crystal for the demon.
where the Circle is broken, but he is too weak and John starts beating him up and Cassie is screaming and crying, but, she and Diana can't get out of the circle of ash John put them in. That's when Cassie realizes what she must do to save Adam. She turns to Diana and starts to choke her. When Diana asks her what she's doing Cassie says "Killing You." Cassie does this to trigger Diana's dark magic. When she does it breaks the spell with the circle of ash. Cassie grabs the Crystal skull and tries to kill John with it but she's not strong enough by herself and John is about to stop her when Diana runs up and puts her hands on top of Cassie's and together they kill John. Cassie checks on Adam and they all head to Cassie's house. The entire circle is there and they all discuss binding the circle again but Diana leaves and she tells Cassie "No matter where I go, you will always be my sister, but now that I've felt the power of the dark magic I don't want to ever feel it again." She goes home and cries since Charles is dead and then she packs her bags and meets Grant at Java Brew. As she gets in the car and starts to buckle her seat belt she sees her hand and the symbol of Balcoin is on her hand. She gets scared but hides it from Grant and they start to leave. As the show is ending, you see 4 people standing on a hill overlooking the town. As they zoom in on the people you see the symbol of Balcoin on their hands also.
She is very loyal and will do whatever it takes to protect her friends, family and anyone else she cares for. Diana is the head of the circle which means she is very protective of it and also a very strong leader. She feels confused about her magic after finding out that her and Cassie are sisters. She's very intelligent and smart. She really loves Cassie, but she isn't sure how she feels about finding out that Cassie is her sister and that John Blackwell is her biological father. It is partly because of this, and the fact that she does not totally trust Blackwell, that she refuses to use Dark Magic, believing there are more peaceful ways to do things.
Diana is clearly a beautiful girl, as illustrated in her picture. She has long, beautiful chocolate brown hair that's the same color as her eyes which look like doe-eyes. She's tall, standing at 5'8, has long legs and is very slender. She is slightly tanned and has got rosy cheeks.
Powers and AbilitiesEditDiana was the first in the circle to discover her powers and find her Book of Shadows. She was the one who started the circle in the Wicca way of life. She also has dark magic as her father is John Blackwell. She and Cassie share this ability. However, unlike Cassie, she couldn't use her dark magic even after learning she had it because she needed a near-death experience for it to be activated to save her. That happened when Cassie tried to kill her so they could free themselves from the barrier of the colocasia powder. Afterwards, she stated that she does not want to use her dark powers because she "hates the way it makes her feel."
She also has a strong leadership ability. Even though Cassie is, technically supposed to be the leader, Diana is the leader of the circle. It is Diana that is the second most powerful witch in her circle, due to her Blackwell Bloodline.
- Channeling: The act of drawing or summoning other forms of energy, by focusing on the magic of another witch.
- Conjuration: The act of calling, commanding, or summoning an element, object, person, or spirit already in existence.
- Elemental Control: The act of controlling or manipulating the elements of air, earth, fire, water, and weather. though not proven false or accurate, witches are believed to possess an unique affinity to particular elements which grants them greater mastery and control when performing.
- Spell Casting: The act of changing and controlling events by magical influence. Spells are the most common method exerted by witches to focus their magic. Spells can range from simple commands to a series of words.
- Telekinesis: The act of controlling and manipulating the movements of objects and persons.
- Witches Brew: The act of brewing and concocting magical elixirs and potions that contain mystical properties.
- The meaning of Diana is "divine".
- The name Diana is also given to a c. 1200, ancient Roman goddess of the moon who is also patroness of virginity and hunting. She is later identified with Greek Artemis, and through her with eastern goddesses such as Diana of Ephesus.
- The name is earlier Diviana, from *diwyo-, from PIE root *dyeu which means "to shine".
- Her last name, Meade, means a type of Skandanavian drink, similer to beer or wine, that was made with honey.
- I know not everything can be perfect. But I have to believe that it can be.
- -- Masked.
- Last time I was here I was drugged, kidnapped and almost killed.
- -- Beneath.
- We're witches, Goddammitt!
- No. We were a circle before he(John Blackwell) came here. We can handle this by ourselves.
- - Traitor.
In The BooksEdit
In the books Diana is known for her long blonde hair, and her pure and gentle nature everyone loves (except Faye and Faye's very loyal friends). She befriends Cassie, "adopting" her as a sister. She is the leader of the circle and is described as having an aluring candescence about her. Diana and Faye are cousins born at the same time actually and you see a constant rivalry between them to lead the coven (Faye causes the most waves in their relationship).
- Faye stated Diana is the leader of the Circle since she found her book of shadows before any of them did and got them into the wicca way of life. However, Jane Blake told Cassie in Wake she was supposed to be the leader of their Circle. Moreover, the first one to discover his family book of shadows was Jake Armstrong , but it was unknown by every member of the Circle including Nick Armstrong .
- Diana as the leader is the most reserved and calculating member of the Circle, as her element is Earth since that's most grounded element and Diana's the most level-headed out of the Circle.
- Diana in the book series resemblances Cassie in the TV series, whereas Cassie from the books looks alike Diana in the TV series. Ironically, in the TV series, she and Cassie are half-sisters.
- We have never seen Diana do magic by herself, and by the time she used any magic, the Circle had already been bound.
- Diana is Charles legal daughter since he's named the father on her birth certificate because its implied Elizabeth kept the affair from him before and after Diana's birth. Step-child only applies if you marry someone with children and adopted them. Charles didn't adopt Diana since his name on her birth certificate gave him parental rights from when she was born.
- In Crystal, Royce Armstrong has Diana's birthdate listed as April 18, 1995 on his conspiracy wall. This makes her less than a month younger than Cassie. Ironiclly, Britt Robertson's birthday is April 18.
- In the books, she and Faye were cousins who shared the same birthday whereas in the show Faye's older than Diana by two months. Moreover, they're not cousins.
- Ironically, both her and her half-sister, Cassie Black, lost their virginity to Adam Conant, who was each girl's ex-boyfriend.
- Her zodiac sign is Aries (Mar 22-Apr 20), which is the same as that of her half-sister's, Cassie. Aries symbol is the ram, its element is fire, and its ruling planet is Mars. Aries is most compatible with someone who is either Leo or Sagittarius.
|This gallery shows four pictures, randomly selected, related to the subject of this article.|
A more complete gallery can be found here. Any future additions should be added there as well.