|Born||February 25, 1995|
|Home||Chance Harbor, Washington|
|Relatives|| Dawn Chamberlain (mother)|
Thomas Chamberlain (father) †
Henry Chamberlain (grandfather) †
|Cause of Death||N/A|
|Portrayed by|| Phoebe Tonkin|
Taylor Dianne Robinson (child)
Faye Chamberlain (born February 25, 1995) is an eccentric and free-spirited Witch, she is the daughter of the late Thomas Chamberlain, and Dawn, the granddaughter of the late Henry Chamberlain, the girlfriend of Jake Armstrong, the ex-girlfriend of the late Lee Labeque, the best friend of Melissa Glaser, and a member of The Chance Harbor Circle.
Faye found out about her magic sometime before Cassie moved to Chance Harbor, Washington with the help of Diana Meade and the others. Out of all the Circle members, Faye is the one with the most ambition and is always searching for more power, and when she gets it, uses it recklessly and selfishly. She often challenges authority, especially Diana's, who she thinks doesn't deserve to be the leader of the Circle. She did not want the Circle to be bound initially, until her powers nearly killed someone because of it. However, she's still looking for ways to get her solo magic back. When the Circle was unbound by the destruction of the family Crystals, Faye got her solo magic back, and immediately began enjoying it along with her best friend Melissa.
Faye is a member of the Chamberlain Family.
|This section discusses the most significant events in the life of Faye Chamberlain. For a complete retelling of this character's life, go here.|
- Cassie: "There's a picture of her in your grandfather's study. Who is she?"
- Faye: "She's ... me."
- — Faye talking to Cassie about a photograph from her childhood.
Faye was born on the 25th of February in 1995, to Dawn Chamberlain and Thomas Chamberlain, who she never met as he died in the Boatyard Fire . Despite her lack of a fatherly figure, she was close to her grandfather, Henry Chamberlain, who saved her from drowning at the age of six at his own Lake House .
In her teens, Faye began a romantic relationship with Jake Armstrong, however, the two broke up. Faye suffered so much heartache from this break up that she was almost put into an asylum. Sometime before Cassie Blake arrived, Faye found out she was a witch and, with the help of Diana who discovered her Book of Shadows, learned about the Circle history.
Nick's death, Jake's return, and Henry's deathEdit
After the death of Nick, his older brother Jake returned. Faye took the opportunity to hook back up with him, however, she was rejected. Faye continued to try and rekindle her relationship with Jake, but was unable to do so.While at her grandfather's house, Cassie found her grandfather's body under the docks. Faye was heartbroken over his death, but her mother was not upset in slightest.
Lee, Devil's Spirit, and temporary retirementEdit
Faye met a man named Callum, who sent Lee to fetch some Devil's Spirit, which he then told Faye about, even giving some of it to her. She organized a party at her house for Valentine's day , but the party fastly got out of hand when Melissa had an overdose of Devil's Spirit. While Melissa was at a party at Callum's despite what had happened to her some days ago, Faye discovered that Lee used a totem he had given her on Valentine's Day to syphon her energy. Angry, she faced him, but he admitted his love for her by breaking the totem and saying they would find another way. She later discovered Eva, Lee's ex-girlfriend , had awaken from her coma and was living at Lee's house when she invited him to Casino Night. Lee chose Faye over Eva and the two shared a passionate kiss.
After she noticed Lee was long missing, Faye went to his place to talk to him, but Eva always pushed her away. She came again during the night and discovered Eva had witch's powers. Guessing that was hers, Eva asked Faye for help, admitting she had unwillingly killed Lee after the Casino Night. Faye tricked her into thinking she could help just to break the totem. When it was done, Eva lost her powers and Faye left, telling she could not revive Lee.
The Quest for the CrystalsEdit
After the Circle met Samuel, they learned the witch-hunter Eben was willing to release demons to get rid of all witches so they tried to stop him. However, they were too late; while Samuel was keeping them busy, Eben managed to release all the demons and take them into his own body before running away. The Circle, influenced by John Blackwell, agreed to gather the family Crystals in order to fight the witch hunters off, for once and for all. First trying to find one her mother could have hidden after Henry's death, she found out Dawn and John secretly dated. When Royce Armstrong claimed Blackwell wanted children from the former Circle, Faye feared she could be his daughter and tried to unlock her possible dark magic to stop Callum, but she failed. Confronting John about it, he told her Dawn used to be very imaginative and obsessed and told her she was really Tom's daughter.
After Jane's surprising death, Faye and Jake discovered a Crystal in Dawn's purse and brought it to the Abandoned House, where it was stolen by a traitor witch, working with the witch hunters. Along Cassie, Diana and Jake, Faye went to an old carnival to get it back.
During 2012's prom, Faye, along with the rest of the Circle, went to the school to look for the last Crystal. However, after the Circle chased Nick down to a junkyard, she stayed behind John Blackwell to help him, and supposedly sacrificed herself to save him, before she was captured by Eben. While held captive, Faye was tied to a pole inside the hunter's base. After the circle had been unbound, Faye used her solo magic to escape her imprisonment. She ran into Melissa and Jake, who had come to rescue her, but ended up being captured again. The three of them were rescued by her mother, and after the defeat of John Blackwell, she started using her magic for fun again.
Faye has a very complex array of emotions, mostly maintaining her tough, overconfident, and arrogant, girl attitude in front of people and bottling her emotions up inside of her. She is able to maintain a normal attitude even under stressful situations, such as being in a room with a dangerous drug dealer with a knife. Yet, she has a heart and sometimes cannot bear the emotional burden of some events, such as after her break-up with Jake or when she discovered her grandfather was dead or else when the Circle ganged up against her, (correctly) accusing her of being reckless, unconscious, dangerous, and mostly bitchy.
According to Adam this isn't the first time she almost killed someone, and the rest of them had to clean it up. At the end of the day, though, she appears to be caring, nice, and loyal towards her Circle, her mother, and others she cares about. She also appears to have inherited traits fom her parents, such as being brave, emotionally strong, and determined.
Like her mother Dawn she is power-hungry, but unlike her mother she will not willingly kill, innocent people to get it, she doesn't like being inferior to people, and is jealous of Cassie, because of her dark magic, that allows her to use magic, outside of the circle, she is also rude, selfish, impulsive, never thinks before acting first, never thinks everything through, never thinks of the consequences, and is sarcastic, when she temporary had the Circle's magic, she abused it, and almost burned down her high school.
Physical AppearanceEditFaye is a beautiful girl with olive toned skin, olive green hazel eyes, and long, dark brown hair which she wears straight. She has fine cheekbones and full lips, which are pale pink. She is quite tall, standing at 5'10. She was once referred to as "one of the prettiest girls in school" by a jock and even Callum said she had a nice smile. She often wears dark makeup, dark colored clothes, and usually wears a leather jacket, boots, and goth-like dress or skirt.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Over the series, Faye has displayed an impressive and very powerful use of both Solo magic and Circle magic. Before her circle was bound she was capable of opening locks with a single thought, set cars on fire, and produce powerful storms (implying an affinity for both atmokinesis and electrokinesis), although she couldn't stop it when it got out of control. It is also worth noticing that her telekinetic powers were strong enough to violently push Sally Matthews for several meters and the speed was so fast that her head cracked when it collided with the rocks; thus killing her. That’s quite exceptional considering that after the binding ceremony even the complete circle could not replicate such a feat, thus suggesting Faye’s telekinetic powers were superior on their own and indicating the raw power she holds inside. Faye probably had the most strength and control when it came to Telekinesis out of anyone in her Circle.After the circle was bound, she lost her individual power, much to her dismay but that didn't stop her from searching for new ways of getting her power back or performing capable use of circle magic. When Abaddon was possessing Melissa, she was able to combine her powers with those of Adam and Diana to overheat the knife the demon was holding.
Due to her Chamberlain lineage, she was able to connect with the residual energy of her dead grandfather that was trying to contact her. It is also worth mentioning that she displayed an affinity for Cryokinesis when she temporarily recovered her powers due to a Voodoo ritual during the Fire/ice dance and apparently that is both a hard elemental power to master and the elemental affinity of Faye's Mother, thus implying that she inherited the power affinity from her Mom.
Faye is possibly the third most powerful witch in her circle.
- Channeling: The act of drawing or summoning other forms of energy, by focusing on the magic of another witch.
- Conjuration: The act of calling, commanding, or summoning an element, object, person, or spirit already in existence.
- Elemental Control: The act of controlling or manipulating the elements of air, earth, fire, water, and weather. Though not proven false or accurate, witches are believed to possess an unique affinity to particular elements which grants them greater mastery and control when performing.
- Spell Casting: The act of changing and controlling events by magical influence. Spells are the most common method exerted by witches to focus their magic. Spells can range from simple commands to a series of words.
- Telekinesis: The act of controlling and manipulating the movements of objects and persons.
- Witches Brew: The act of brewing and concocting magical elixirs and potions that contain mystical properties.
- Faye is derived from Middle English faie meaning "fairy", such as in the popular Arthurian figure of Morgan Le Fay.
- Faye is also the English form of the old French Foy, meaning "faith" (from the Latin 'fides'). Sainte Foy was a French martyr who lived in Agen, in 300 AD.
- Her last name, Chamberlain, is an occupational name for one who looked after the master bedroom, from Norman French cambre "chamber, room".
|This gallery shows four pictures, randomly selected, related to the subject of this article.|
A more complete gallery can be found here. Any future additions should be added there as well.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- Phoebe Tonkin has held various roles of supernatural beings in recent times: as a Mermaid (Cleo Sertori in H2O: Just Add Water) on Nick, Witch (Faye Chamberlain in The Secret Circle) on The CW, and now a Werewolf (Hayley in The Vampire Diaries and The Originals).
- Aside from being a witch, the actress Phoebe Tonkin, who portrays Faye, also played a mermaid in the Television series H2O: Just Add Water. Many references have been made about this role. For example, in Bound Faye mention she didn't want to "save turtles" and ironically her former role Cleo saved a turtle from a net. In Beneath, Faye had a near death experience when she fell into the lake when she was a little girl and Cleo had previously a minor case of aquaphobia. Last, both characters had surprises in their bathtub scenes. Also, in both shows, there is a character named Eva.
- The actress, Phoebe Tonkin, was the first Australian actress to be casted on the Secret Circle and sometimes you can hear her slip up and talk with an Aussie accent.
- In Crystal, Royce Armstrong has Faye's birth date listed as February 25, 1995 on his conspiracy wall. Faye's birthday was already known to the fans since Loner, when Faye told the circle her mother's computer password.
- Despite the fact that Faye was highly suspected to be John Blackwell's daughter, it was revealed she was not in Crystal. She was also the first one to mention this mystery child in Lucky.
- Faye often makes jokes or assumptions that end up being true, like when she guessed that John Blackwell was really evil, had another child, or said that the curse on Adam and Cassie's families wasn't real. Ironically, her frenemy Cassie had had the gift of precognition in the novels.
- She is the only circle member whose mother is still alive.
- Faye and her current boyfriend Jake Armstrong are the only two circle members to be seen as young children on the show.
- Faye was originally one of Cassie's enemies.
- Her zodiac sign is Pisces (February 22 to March 21). Pisces's symbol is the fish, its element is water, and its ruling planet is Jupiter/Neptune. Pisces is most compatible with someone who is either Cancer or Scorpio.
- She makes a remark about Diana practicing her Aussie accent as a reason why Diana isn't with the group at one point during the episode Traitor.
- Faye has a complicated relationship with her boyfriend Jake Armstrong.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Season 1, Pilot.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Season 1, Beneath.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Season 1, Wake.
- ↑ Season 1, Bound
- ↑ Season 1, Loner
- ↑ Season 1, Masked.
- ↑ Season 1, Balcoin
- ↑ Season 1, Darkness.
- ↑ Season 1, Fire/Ice.
- ↑ Season 1, Witness
- ↑ Season 1, Valentine
- ↑ Season 1, Return
- ↑ Season 1, Lucky
- ↑ Season 1, Curse
- ↑ Season 1, Sacrifice
- ↑ Season 1, Crystal
- ↑ Season 1, Traitor
- ↑ Season 1, Prom
- ↑ Season 1, Family